Speckled Hen Chocolate Company, is Western Pennsylvania’s, newest gourmet chocolate company. Our goal is to make a high quality, intensely flavorful chocolate that can be enjoyed piece by piece, or if you eat chocolate like we do, a box at a time! Owned and operated by Matt and Valerie Cannon, the Speckled Hen is based on 3 essential ideals: quality, uniqueness and customer service.
We intend to create some of the most unique chocolate items that you will ever find and if you are in need of a tasty gift, or just want something hand crafted and out of the ordinary, then Speckled Hen Chocolate Company is the place for you!
We opened our doors in the spring of 2013 and have been steadily growing ever since. We make all of our hand dipped chocolates in house as well as each of our unique centers. Our first and most famous center is peppermint patty, followed closely by our homemade orange cream!
Are you a fan of Dark Chocolate? Our dark chocolate is quite the crowd pleaser! In fact, we can hardly keep it on the shelves- this rich dark chocolate has an exquisitely defined cocoa taste and has converted me into a dark chocolate lover!
Is White Chocolate more your style? We have a steadily growing variety of white chocolate for those of you who enjoy the creamy taste of chocolate without the cocoa.
Some of our craziest ideas include:
- A chocolate covered ice cream cone made of rice krispy treats (as the ice cream) atop of a sugar cone…sprinkles and all!
- Chocolate covered bacon…you might not believe it, but this is one of our hottest selling items!
- Chocolate covered Sweedish fish….I spent my childhood swimming at SEBCO pool- ever since, I’ve loved sweedish fish and why not cover them in chocolate!
- A vase of pecan turtle flowers….the perfect “out of the box” gift!
- A 100% edible chocolate baby rattle in the shape of a baby bottle
- Heart shaped chocolate dipped caramels, for a friend who absolutely loves caramels!
We make our fudge in-house, and are adding new flavors weekly. We currently have 22 different varieties including: s’more, caramel praline, dark chocolate raspberry, chocolate cheesecake, butterfinger, orange cream, maple nut, mallow cup, Peppermint and chocolate walnut just to name a few. We are constantly trying new flavors and always open to unique requests!
We welcome the opportunity to create unique corporate gifts and group or organizational fund raising opportunities and we are always looking to expand through wholesale. You can currently find our products off site, at Bogacz Country Market and Springdale Floral.
Stop in and give our handmade chocolates or crafted fudge a try, we assure you that you will not be disappointed. We are located at the old Wilma’s candy location on Rt. 228, just outside of downtown Saxonburg in the southwestern corner of Butler County and are a short 30 mile drive from Pittsburgh.